by T_Stevens94 Investigator
Investigator

Data roaming EU - Switzerland

Hi everyone 🙂

I am travelling to Geneva today and was wondering if I'd be able to use my data for free whilst I'm out there?

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Data roaming EU - Switzerland

Hi @T_Stevens94

If you have eu roaming included on your plan, you can indeed use your data whilst there.

have a fabulous trip x

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it is included in EU roaming. You may use your allowances there with up to 15 GB data per month if you have more.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check roaming is enabled on your account.

@Watkins07: All EE plans, incl. PAYG, include EU roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX my apologies.  I totally forgot to state that was the case.  I’ll admit to being half asleep when I answered after a very poor nights sleep last night. Xx

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Watkins07: Actually you are partly correct, now you've reminded me. All EE plans do have EU roaming, but some users may be restricted due to their credit history.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks everyone.

Having a bit of an issue. I texted 150 and it said the phone wasn't set up. So I rang and was told my device was in fact set up. So I text 150 again to check and again I got a reply saying it wasn't set up to use abroad. So I'm slightly confused 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @T_Stevens94

Are you able to log into your My EE online?

You'll be able to activate the services by following these steps:

Log in to My EE > Menu > Manage device > Ensure 'Roaming abroad' and 'Call abroad and premium rate' is allowed. 

Please let me know the outcome of this, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So are we! It's you a/c, not just your device, that needs to be set up for roaming.

Investigator

They're both ticked grey and I can't alter it so I'm guessing that means it's good to go. Thanks for your response 

Investigator

I can confirm everything was fine and I'm able to use my data. Thanks everyone who replied 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @T_Stevens94

Have a brilliant time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.