by Sergkub Investigator
Investigator

Data pack in Spain

Hi. I am currently in Spain. Paid for sim card and 5 Gb data pack. Put the sim card in my Iphone, registered it in my EE and then nothing. Can't use the data pack, no calls, no texts. I event can't send ROAMING to 150. I restarted my phone many times, tried manually different networks. What should I do then? How can I check if the roaming is turned on on my SIM?

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Data pack in Spain

Hi @Sergkub,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

Did you activate your SIM card in the UK before you travelled to Spain?

All new SIM cards must be connected to the EE network in the UK to activate.

James

by Sergkub Investigator
Investigator

Hi, James,

Thanks for the answer.

Right after we got the letter with sim card in our mailbox (in Kingston, the UK), we put the sim card in Iphone 5, turned it on and it connected to the Internet. Right now (in Spain) we can see that our Iphone with EE sim card is connected to the local network of Orange. So I believe that the SIM card is activated and it can be seen by the Orange network. And moreover - yesterday in Spain we topped up the SIM card (15 pounds) and we got message that the operation was successfull. So the incoming text messages are working.

by

Hi @Sergkub,

When you turned your phone on in the UK, did you make a call, send a text or use some mobile data from your pack?

Thanks

James

by Sergkub Investigator
Investigator

We connected to the Internet from Iphone and went to EE website in order to register in My EE. I believe it means we used some internet traffic from this SIM card. 

by

Was it over WiFi or did you connect to EE? Did EE show in the top corner, @Sergkub

Chris

by Sergkub Investigator
Investigator

The WiFi network was turned off, and we used 4G to connect to the Internet. Is it possible somehow to check what the problem is by the phone number of the SIM card?

by

OK, thanks @Sergkub.

Yes, there is. Our Mobile Care team will be able to do that for you. I recommend calling from another phone. You can find our contact details on the get in touch help page.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Sergkub Investigator
Investigator

Chris, could you be so kind as to give me the correct digits I should use when making a call in order to get straight to Mobile care representative? because it's quite difficult to get through the constant options "artificial intelligence" is offering you during the call. 

by

Of course, @Sergkub.

Options 1, 2 then 4 should get you someone to speak to. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.