by Thegiza Investigator
Investigator

Data gifting when travel out of EU

I have a monthly contract deal and travelling outside of the EU and using hotel wifi. I am unable to gift data to my daughter on a shared plan as i am able to back home - help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Data gifting when travel out of EU

@Thegiza : Did your allowances recently refresh at your billing date while you were outside EU? If so, you can no longer gift data until you return to UK.

How do I gift my data and set controls?

You will not be prevented from gifting data when travelling, unless your allowance refreshes while you’re away. In this case you will have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Data gifting when travel out of EU

@Thegiza : Did your allowances recently refresh at your billing date while you were outside EU? If so, you can no longer gift data until you return to UK.

How do I gift my data and set controls?

You will not be prevented from gifting data when travelling, unless your allowance refreshes while you’re away. In this case you will have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Thegiza Investigator
Investigator

unlimted Re: Data gifting when travel out of EU

I have a unlimited plan, so why would it need to be refreshed on a monthly basis?.

I am away for another 2 weeks and data is urgently required by a poor student user back home - please advise of a work around.

Thanks,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: unlimted Re: Data gifting when travel out of EU

1. That's EE's T&Cs.
  2. Data is refreshed on a monthly basis on your billing date. 
  3. Data is gifted on a monthly cycle. 
  4. You don't have unlimited data outside of EU.
  5. Even in EU you have a monthly FUP of 1 TB. 
  6. You may only gift data from the 1st 100 or 120 GB per month.
  7. The only workaround is to return to UK or at least EU. 

by Thegiza Investigator
Investigator

Thats frustrating..

Thanks for the clarification

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome. Glad to have been of assistance. 

by Thegiza Investigator
Investigator

In terms of Points 6 & 7 below  would mean i am using mobile data and not hotel wifi.

If i was to use mobile data at my location so my phone "connects" to EE servers, would that be a work around.. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

We're only talking about mobile data. What you do with WiFi is your own business & none of EE's.

@Thegiza wrote:

If i was to use mobile data at my location so my phone "connects" to EE servers, would that be a work around.. 

What's that got to do with gifting data? You can't gift data  out of roaming data add-ons bought for roaming outside EU. Your normal allowances reset on your bill date & you can no longer gift data from them until you return to UK. I've already told & shown you that's EE rules.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions