by Jc-16 Investigator
Investigator

Data allowance

I’m currently in the US, where for £4.80 a day I should get 500mb of data. Annoyingly, as soon as a new day starts, my data allowance instantly runs out. I called EE and they said about changing carrier services but that doesn’t seem to have done anything. Any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Data allowance

Hi @Jc-16 When you say when a new day starts it runs out do you mean once it’s midnight You lose what’s left of the 500mb? And then you have to start again?

if so that’s how it works the 500mb is per day but you have to use it or lose it 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Jc-16 Investigator
Investigator

No, It always just says it’s run out, whatever time of day. Even when I look when I get up in the morning, for that date it will say it’s run out and I’ve been asleep, so I can’t work out how that’s possible. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jc-16

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The Travel Data Pass daily charge will automatically trigger each day you use mobile data on your phone when you're abroad.

Your phone will use data if you have apps that automatically update in the background.

This will trigger the daily charge.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

by Jc-16 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard, I get that, but there’s no way that background apps etc use up 500mb before I even wake up in the morning. 

James

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jc-16

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

Hints & Tips

• Do software/firmware updates whilst connected to WiFi.

• Download and update apps when you're connected to WiFi.

• Make sure you close apps properly on your device, so they don't use data in the background.

• You can even change the settings on some apps so they can only be used when connected to WiFi.

This will help keep your data allowance for when you're out and about.

If you are still concerned that the data is going too fast and If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jc-16: Your roaming allowances expire at midnight UK time, not local time. That could put you out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.