by Mikecparry001 Investigator
Investigator

Daily TRAVEL plan not working in Japan

Whilst in Japan, received text to get automatic daily data allowance of 500mb automatically that renews for £6 per day. 

Texted TRAVEL TO 150. Got confirmation but no data. Called EE and advised to wait 24 hours. Still no data. Called EE and they reset network  (?) asked me to wait 20 minutes then restart phone. Still no data. Called EE and did reset again but no joy. After 30 mins at £1.80 per minute,  they gave up and loaded a weekly data pack foc. Next day, this stopped working. 

Exactly the same for my daughters phone. Which was frustrating because she was in hospital and WhatsApp was the only cost effective way to communicate. 

Have ended up buying the (very expensive) daily and weekly data packs. 

I think EE need to get to the bottom of this problem as I can see this has happed in other countries 

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Daily TRAVEL plan not working in Japan

Good morning @Mikecparry001

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

Firstly I hope your daughter is getting better and recovering.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had difficulty with the pack renewing in Japan.

We've had no other reports of this, did the team you spoke to say this was under investigation?

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard. The two call agents I spoke to were very helpful but in the end just loaded the 300mb 7 day data pack as a temporary fix but neither indicated that it was under Investigation. 

My daughter is on her way to airport to come home, thank goodness, so she won’t need it now.

i agree, it should be investigated and rectified for other EE customers who visit Japan

by

Good morning @Mikecparry001

Thanks for taking the time to come back 🙂

I'm so pleased to hear your daughter is on the way home, I'd be beside myself if my daughter was poorly abroad.

Hopefully this was an isolated incident and any reports that do come in are investigated if we get the insight from our customers.

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I don’t agree it’s an isolated incident as it’s happened on three separate phones ov r a period of 2 weeks. Also this had been worked on by two separate EE call agents. 

I think it should be properly investigated by EE. I’m travelling back from Japan to the UK tomorrow but am sure there are plenty of other EE customers here for the ski season and visiting this great country. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Mikecparry001

Please give our technical team a call when you arrive home so we can have the issue investigated.

Many thanks,

Lee

by PeterBranf Investigator
Investigator

Hi

i am having the same problem, I have the daily travel plan, and am getting full 4G signal, but no internet connection. Was working perfectly in Hong Kong yesterday 

I have re started iPhone and checked all settings as per EE instructions 

obviously an on going issue

my daughter is on 02, and no problem 

come on EE, get this sorted 

by

Hi @PeterBranf

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you been able to try connecting to a different network?

Also, what happens when you try and connect to the internet?

Leanne.

Investigator

I have auto roaming enabled and have connected to 2 different providers, but although showing 4G, there is no internet connection 

I keep getting text text from EE saying that I have to purchase data even though I have the data add on enabled (and this worked fine in Hong Kong yesterday)

the problem seems to be from EE

Investigator

Just to be clear, I have the Travel Data Pass, which is listed as working in Japan 

by

Hi @PeterBranf.

What networks have you tried connecting to already?

What network is your daughter connected to?

Have you tried turning data roaming off and on?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.