by kittylou11 Investigator
Investigator

DUPLICATE TEXT MESSAGING CHARGES, WHILST ABROAD FOR THE EXACT SAME TEXT MESSAGE!

I have just accessed my last bill to find multiple text message charges, for the same text message, which I sent to the UK whilst in India.  The text message charge is supposed to be a flat rate of 50p, yet there are examples where this has been charged x 4 times or even x 8 times!! for the same text message!!

Here is an example from my bill:

- 16 Dec   Fri   22.16  UK     India    Airtel-Ker       .500

This is showing as a total of £4 for what should have been a 50p text message!

Can someone explain this to me please?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: DUPLICATE TEXT MESSAGING CHARGES, WHILST ABROAD FOR THE EXACT SAME TEXT MESS

Hi and welcome to the Community @kittylou11

This does seem strange.

May I know if you received any errors whilst sending this message or if it was to more than one person.

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: DUPLICATE TEXT MESSAGING CHARGES, WHILST ABROAD FOR THE EXACT SAME TEXT MESS

@kittylou11! Just to add to what @Lee_H has put,  was any of these text messages over 160 characters this includes spaces.   If they were they will be sent as more than one text message.  So will result in payment for more than one message. 

A signal text message is 160 characters long (spaces are characters in the massage) 

by
EE Employee

You beat me to it @Chris_B 

That was going to be my next question.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H  You could say great minds think a like.  BUT.   You let the side down with the football team.   Haha.   (Sorry). 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.