by hillsy84
Explorer

Currently in france - Phone will not ring out or text

I am in France, got the text msg saying welcome, blah blah the usual.

People from the Uk can ring/text me, but i cant text back or ring  out only over i message while connected to internet any ideas? never had this problem abroad..

I have data roaming switched on and auto connect network?

So frustrating, cant even ring the customer services number's.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Employee

Re: Currently in france - Phone will not ring out or text

Hi @hillsy84 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by hillsy84
Explorer

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I turned off auto selection gave me the option of 3 networks, only one that would work is orange F, which is what the auto select picks.

I have wifi turned off, and i have 4G, tried calling a friend using the dialing code and its  same no ringing out or text?

by
EE Employee

Hi @hillsy84

Our customer services team will be able to set it up for you.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer. Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.