cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in New Caledonia

RichR22
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone tell me why I can’t get any EE coverage / signal / service in New Caledonia? It’s listed and priced as a roaming destination but I can’t connect to any mobile network. Any help greatly appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @RichR22 

Have you roaming activated on your account? Have you tried manually selecting a network?

Are you on PAYG or pay monthly contract?

To activate roaming:

Log into your on line account and then Menu - Manage Device - make sure you have activated roaming and international calls.
Or
From the MyEE app Current Usage - Controls - activate use phone abroad and make international and premium calls

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichR22

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I had no idea where New Caledonia is, I just had to do a quick search online. It looks beautiful! I hope you're having a brilliant time. ☀️

Did you manage to get connected following @Northerner's advice?

What comes up when you manually search for a network? Are you with anyone who has managed to connect?

Chris

I use the phone all over the world, this is the one territory I cannot get anything to connect, manually or automatically. I can see mobile networks, NCL MOBILIS for example, just cannot connect.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @RichR22

Are you with anyone who can access NCL MOBILIS?

Chris

Only local residents., not anyone on EE or with foreign contracts

maybe someone at EE can tell me if I should be able to roam or why, if not, I cant?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @RichR22.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Care team, who will be able to look into this for you.

You will be able to use our international number to call from another phone.

Jon

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I called EE prior to my departure. Their options were too expensive and adviced me to wait until I land and follow the text that you USUALLY get when you land.

Guess what: NO TEXT, NO COVERAGE, NOTHING!

My colleague has the same problem though and he is with GIFFgaFF

Christopher_G

Hi @Mariuscalapaci

Welcome to the community.

What happens when you manually try to connect to an available network?

Chris