by Dougyr Investigator
Investigator

Costa rics

I am in Costa Rica but roaming is not working correctly. 

No data, but calls and text ok. Data roaming is enabled on phone and on sim, and have confimed thid with customer services already. 

Will only register to ICE network canot reguster on any other Costs Rics networks  manually eg Movistsr. 

This is happening on 3 Sims. So not isolated problem. I am in san jose at moment so go coverage. 

Have hsd Sim update through from customer service but still no data. 

This is a problem with your roaming service, agreement I think. You need to contact you roaming partner. if you search forum there are similar posts dating back quite a few months. 

Please advise if this is a known issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Costa rics

Hi @Dougyr

Welcome to the community.

I hope you're having a nice time in Costa Rica.

I have checked the network options for Costa Rica and our roaming partner will be able to provide you with a 2G connection.

You will still have access to calls and texts while you are there. 

For more information about roaming costs in Costa Rica, have a look at our roaming tool.

Chris

by Dougyr Investigator
Investigator

Re: Costa rica

Chris not sure this is correct. I can attach to ICE 4G and 3G networks just no data. Even if it were justc 2G i should have very slow data or Edge. But I have nothing, data connection is not present.

You advertise data bundles for Costa Rica as well.

By the way I have data roaming bundles included on all tarrifs. 

Also my daughters have 3 network SIMs and they are fine and connect to Movistar no. Prob with good dats.

I think you need to escalte to your Roaming teams they need to give someone or some server a prod😁

Cheers

Doug

by

Hi @Dougyr

Thanks for the update.

ICE is our only roaming partner in Costa Rica. 

What kind of phone do you have?

Chris

by Dougyr Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Thd phones the EE sims are in are 

Huawei P20 Pro

Sony XZ2

LG G7

All new models but I had them all on business trip in China in June and France in July. They roamed fine with lots of data consumed. 

I still think tbis neexs esxalting to you Roaming team as i reckon its ICE who are  not implementing your roaming partnership properly. And as per other posts from few months ago its seems to have been a problem for a while now.

Andvwhile its annoying for me it Eze tjat is loosing money frpm roaming data so not good for you guys either. 

Cheers

Doug

by

Good Morning @Dougyr

Thanks for confirming.

I would suggest trying to change the network settings on the devices to 2G only, this will try to maximize the 2G connection that is available. 

If this is still unsuccessful, I would recommend speaking to our customer service team to get this looked into further for you.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.