by Susan77
Explorer

Contacting an orange pay as you go from an EE contract when both inside austria

I am going to Austria next week and will be taking my EE contract phone. My elderly  father will be based at the hotel whilst I am up in the mountains and I want to be able to phone him to give him my location etc. He has an orange pay as you go phone. When we tried this last year it didn't work. What do we have to do please? 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Contacting an orange pay as you go from an EE contract when both inside aust

@Susan77  You don’t need to do anything with the payg device as you can now use any allowance you get with the payg SIM card abroad now.   You do need to make sure roaming is enabled on your contract device though and to do that just text ROAMING to 150. 

When you get to the destination/country it’s best to restart your device and enable data Roaming on the device. 

by Susan77
Explorer

Re: Contacting an orange pay as you go from an EE contract when both inside aust

Thankyou for that. Just checked and my phone as you suggested and it is enabled so hopefully it should work. Many thanks! 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Susan77 and welcome to the community.

Hope the information that @Chris_B supplied was of great help.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.