by EmmaDodge Investigator
Investigator

Connecting to internet in Australia

I have a Huawei P10 lite.  I've got a new contract from EE which means I can use my phone as I would do in the UK in Australia & NZ but now I'm here I cant get on to the internet when I'm out and about, use maps etc basically cant connect unless I'm on wifi and I want to use my phone for GPS driving next week.  I have the data roaming on and mobile data on. 

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Connecting to internet in Australia

As both roaming and call abroad/premium rate are enabled and you have turned data roaming on on your device your line should be fully set up for using abroad.

If a manual network search does not work customer service or Live Chat can access the account to assist further. They will both be open from 8am UK time:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can you make calls & send texts?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

To be honest I haven't tried as texts are expensive and I called the UK from my hotel so it could have been on the wifi

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @EmmaDodge was roaming enabled on your account at least 24-48hrs before traveling:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/532570

Information on what to do when having problems using your phone abroad:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Roaming-with-EE-What-to-do-if-you-re-having-problems-abroad/td...

Investigator

I dont know but I have been in South Africa and roaming enabled for that with a add on data package and it worked. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If your number has worked abroad before then roaming should be enabled. Does it let you check the status when you log in to My EE online and navigate to My EE Mobile>Manage device? Is call abroad and premium rate showing as enabled as well?

Have you tried a manual network search to see if there are any other roaming networks you can try?

Investigator

I've just checked on my account and yes everything is enabled. 

I'll try a manual network serch but feel everything is enabled to make it search for the best one itself. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

As both roaming and call abroad/premium rate are enabled and you have turned data roaming on on your device your line should be fully set up for using abroad.

If a manual network search does not work customer service or Live Chat can access the account to assist further. They will both be open from 8am UK time:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Investigator

Thanks

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I hope they are able to get you back up and running as soon as possible.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @EmmaDodge

Thanks for coming to see us in community 🙂

I hope you've managed to sort everything out?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.