by Art011 Investigator
Investigator

Connect to Network in Jamaica

Hello,

I'm currently abroad in Jamaica for two weeks my phone is not connecting to the local operator. I get an error message suggesting that my sim does not allow registration with any of the options. Flow being one of them. 

Can anyone assist?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Art011 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Connect to Network in Jamaica

@XRaySpeX Thanks for your responses, all sorted now. I switched on roaming via  EE online account phone managememt. The functionality had been disabled. It stated it may take up to 24hr to mobilise.

Woke up in the morning and still no change on phone so I manually searched and registered the network via the phone as I had tried yesterday  and this time it worked!.

Thanks for advice RE not requiring to switch of data roaming I'll remember that next time.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Art011: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Art011 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for your swift response. That could possibly be the issue I did call ee to disable my data to avoid unexpected charges whilst abroad as I've done before prior to travel  but didn't expect that to interfere with actual connectivity to the network operators.

I'll check whether I can activate via my ee as have no other means of calling ee except via my phone which has no network operator for calls.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If on EE, no need to disable data when abroad. You can't use data there without buying an add-on. 

Are you on Orange or TMobile? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Art011 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

@XRaySpeX Thanks for your responses, all sorted now. I switched on roaming via  EE online account phone managememt. The functionality had been disabled. It stated it may take up to 24hr to mobilise.

Woke up in the morning and still no change on phone so I manually searched and registered the network via the phone as I had tried yesterday  and this time it worked!.

Thanks for advice RE not requiring to switch of data roaming I'll remember that next time.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

As well as setting Roaming ON in MyEE you may also have to allow Call Abroad & Premium Calls.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.