by willmow Contributor
Contributor

Compensation on my EE Extra subscription now that EU roaming is free?

I paid extra for an EE Extra subscription last year as I wanted to roam abroad on my inclusive minutes/data. Since June this year, however, all that's now included at no extra charge under the new EU rules. So I'm paying extra (for another year) for no extra benefit. Will EE compensate me in some way?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Compensation on my EE Extra subscription now that EU roaming is free?

No, you contracted to buy something at the time that suited you. Prices & products change all the time, even in your local supermarket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by willmow Contributor
Contributor

If the price of an item goes up in my local supermarket, I have the option to stop buying it, whereas here I'm locked in for a further year. Fair enough, you might think, but it doesn't enamour me to EE...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, but that's not my point! You can't go back to the supermarket when the price of something you bought in the past has reduced and ask for a refund cuz you paid more then it is now. That's what you are effectively asking of EE for your mobile plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by willmow Contributor
Contributor

He he nice try - but I would have consumed that (higher-priced) item after purchasing it (let's hope it was whisky...) and enjoyed it, whereas I'm now being required to keep paying extra for that item I can't use while everyone else is paying less. Even in the mortgage market I'd be able to renegotiate.

That said, I think I may have hit on a counter-intuitive solution - by moving to EE for my broadband and telephony (and paying less than I do now with Virgin), and receiving a bonus of 5 GB data by way of sweetener. EE may even send me a whisky to keep me warm...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I never said it was a food or drink consumable Smiley Wink!

by willmow Contributor
Contributor

Smiley LOL

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @willmow

I understand your points on this, but, you are still able to get the benefits that you originally agreed to.

If you would like to change to one of our new plans, you can change your price plan at any time.

Check out our I want to change my EE price plan support article.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.