iPhone X
    Order now
x
by Rayne Investigator
Investigator

Clueless newbie question - roaming

Hi, I hope I'm posting this question in the  right place. If not, apologies - I'm a clueless newbie.

I'll be going abroad very soon and want to know what I need to do so I can use my mobile phone. I've looked for information on the website but was led round and round in circles.

Can someone here help me, please?

8 REPLIES
by Profile closed
N/A

Re: Clueless newbie question - roaming

Hello @Rayne PAYG accounts are set up to roam ready to go. For PAYM accounts you just need to make sure roaming has been activated on your account by texting the code RO to 150 at least 24-48hrs before you leave. Smiley Happy:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/532570

by Rayne Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, @Tom222. Do I need to buy an add-on or something?

by Profile closed
N/A

Hello @Rayne to use data abroad and for cheaper call/text rates yes you would need a roaming add on. Here is a link containing the roaming tool where you can check all charges and add ons available for your destination. Smiley Happy:

http://explore.ee.co.uk/roaming

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Rayne

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

You might not need a roaming add-on, this would depend on what price plan you have and if you are either Pay As You Go, Pay Monthly or a Business customer.

Could you confirm which of these you are and what price plan you are on if you know this?

by Rayne Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @tom222 . I have PayAsYouGo and plan to use the phone very little, if at all. So I probably don't need anything?

by Rayne Investigator
Investigator

I have Pay As You Go

by Profile closed
N/A

Hello @Rayne if we are talking literally one or two texts or a quick phone call max then yes you would probably be better just paying the standard rates for them. Add ons are ideal for daily (frequent) use or when you want to use data as well as WiFi abroad. Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rayne and welcome to the Community.

You can check how much the price per text/min by popping over to our Roaming price guide..

Hope this helps,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.