by Pobber1963 Investigator
Investigator

Charges for using phone in Australia

Will I be charged for using my UK EE mobile in Australia? My daughter is in a hotel in Sydney, using their WIFI and messaging via Whats App. Will she be charged an addition to her monthly tariff?

4 REPLIES 4
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Charges for using phone in Australia

Welcome to the EE community!

If your daughter is only using WiFi to communicate and not using the cellular network to do calling, messaging or data, then there should be no roaming use and therefore no charge.

If she is on an EE Max Plan bought after 10th May 2017, roaming in Australia is inclusive. For older Max Plans and other Plans, extra charges exist for making/receiving calls, texting, data use and so on.

EE Roaming Costs Australia

Summary: if she is using WiFi without exception, then there should be no charge.

I hope this helps but please feel free to come back and ask more. 

by Pobber1963 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks ... there must be an issue with t set up a amx plan prior to leaving for Oz ... It was done in October this year , so there must be an issue with the contarct as she if being charge 190-200 poiund per month ..

Martin 

[MOD EDIT: Personal details have been removed out of public view]

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Richard_C - please could you remove the poster's email signature which has got included in their reply.

@Pobber1963 - she must be using the Australian networks fairly significantly to be accruing a charge that high, irrespective of which plan she is on. However, if she is on a Max plan, I would suggest contacting customer services to get it sorted. Live chat is probably the cheapest option as she appears to be getting charged for roaming in Australia.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Pobber1963 and welcome to the community

How long has your daughter been in Australia for?

Has she managed to contact customer services via live chat to see what the issues may be.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.