by MK05
Visitor

Charges and Temporary Voicemail Greeting

Hello

I don't want to inccur lots of charges whilst abroad (outside of the EU) and I was wondering....

1. If I set up a temporary voicemail greeting with the option to leave a message set to OFF will I be charged when a caller listens to the greeting?

or

2. If I put my phone on permananet divert to another UK number will I be charged.  And does it matter if I do this before or after reaching my travel destination?

Thanks

MK

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Charges and Temporary Voicemail Greeting

@MK05 Your better of turning voicemail off completely.  If you do a call divert you’ll be charged at the international price from the location your at. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @MK05

Welcome to the community.

If you decide to keep your voicemail turned on you would be charged  you will be charged the normal per minute rate for the country you're in.

For information on a specific destination, please see our handy roaming tool.

If you wish to turn voicemail off, just text VM OFF to 150 and when you return text VM ON to 150 to activate this again for you.

See our Getting ready to use your phone abroad post for full information.

Hope you have an amazing time 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T wrote:

If you decide to keep your voicemail turned on you would be charged  you will be charged the normal per minute rate for the country you're in.

Even if it's just a greeting with no option to leave a msg?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XRaySpeX

If you have a greeting set up this has the option to leave a message.

For no charge to be incurred this would need to be turned off when outside the EU.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T: Exactly what I'm getting at. So the answer to OP's Q1 is No. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.