by Perggals
Explorer

Charged four times for one roaming text

I’ve sent two text messages today from Canada to England and I’ve been charged four times at 48p each. So nearly £2 a text.

What?

I can’t call Ee from here as it will cost way too much 🙄

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Charged four times for one roaming text

I think you'll find it's 48p + VAT = 60p per text. That's the standard price from Canada.

Were your texts > 160 chars? Then they get split.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Perggals
Explorer

It was technically 2 text per text, 240 characters just under.

but still feel like I’m being double charged. One got an extra 48p couple minutes later too.

even with tax on top doesn’t make sense to me.

😕

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Perggals

Welcome to the community.

If you would like to discuss this with customer services, and you're a pay monthly customer, I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.