by laura_s2938 Investigator
Investigator

Changing Max Plan to new one

I recently called customer services to change my max plan (which began before 10th May 2017), to a new one so I can get roaming in the US. How can I confirm that I am now eligible to use roaming in the USA free of charge? As I would like to make sure before I travel.

I have tried to search everywhere online but nowhere seems to show this information, as all sites state "(pre 10th May 2017)", but if I personally requested to get it changed will it now be classed as the post 10th May 2017 max plan and include the added countries?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Changing Max Plan to new one

Text RO USA to 150 to check your rates are now free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you, I did this and then received a text about the travel pass costs, and following this I text 'ROAMING' then received one that said "Good news, your phone is already set up to use abroad' so is that the confirmation to say I can use roaming in USA for free? Sorry, I just want to make sure. 

Thank you

by Profile closed
Not applicable

That doesn’t work as the RO text service simply responds with the default charges even if you are on a Max plan which includes those 5 extra countries.

If you look on the My EE app, when you are on a Max plan, your allowances should mention ‘UK, EU & select countries’ where as I believe other plans just mention U.K. & EU in their allowances.

Texting AL to 150 should respond with the same bit that mentions ‘select countries’ as well.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, OK, @Profile closed. Sorry, @laura_s2938, please ignore my advice.

Unfortunately the ROAMING confirmation that you phone is set up to use abroad doesn't confirm that it's free in USA for you but that it's OK to roam generally. Check in your MyEE for which plan you're on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you're on a new max plan that includes the USA, you'll see some text like this, saying "UK, EU and 10 other countries"

IMG-1384.JPG

Also, make sure you have roaming enabled. Text roaming to 150 now to check.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @laura_s2938,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Profile closed, did you find the information you needed in My EE?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Everyobody’s responses were helpful, yes. However I did call customer services once more to double check and they confirmed that I am now on the new max plan which includes the extra countries. 

Thank you all 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.