by Tiffin Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Cant hear voicemail whilst roaming in Thailand

Here I am again...lol !! I've hit another problem & am really beginning to lose faith in EE.

I've managed re install both phones with a £5.00 top up, so will only need to ring each other once every six months to keep the number active.

This was after a complete farce getting it sorted after not being given the correct information from customer services when i gave 30 days notice on our lines.

What's really ticked me off this morning though is I've had a voicemail left from our life insurance company.

I've rung my voicemail to retrieve it, & the line was completely silent,for about 15 seconds so I disconnected.

I've checked my payg account & it's taken £1.80.!!!  Man Mad

Is there any reason for this..?? I'm connected to Thai Ais and have been receiving a regular bombardment of text messages from EE in respect of roaming etc.

Please don't anyone advise me to ring customer services lol !! I'm In Thailand and certainly am not going to spend any money calling them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cant hear voicemail whilst roaming in Thailand

Hi @Tiffin

EE cannot guarantee the quality of the reception or service you receive via foreign networks, it's that simple. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Cant hear voicemail whilst roaming in Thailand

Hello there @Tiffin.

Thanks for posting on the community again.

Can you try and connect to a different network in your phone settings.

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Have you had any other voicemails that you could hear with no problems?

You would be charged for someone a leaving you a voicemail at the incoming call rate, and to retreive a message, you will be charged the outgoing call rate for the country that you're in.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.