by Atesz
Explorer

Cannot send text from abroad

Hi, 

I have an ee extra pay monthly plan which allows me to use my monthly allowance inside the eu. I am currently in Hungary and I am able to make phone calls but cannot send text? I have an iPhone and I have turned off the imessage but still getting an error messages while trying send texts.

Thanks,

Attila

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Cannot send text from abroad

Hello @Atesz sorry to hear you are having problems sending SMS text messages abroad. Try restarting your phone and/or navigating to settings>network selection, switching it off then selecting an alternative roaming network once the list of available networks has loaded underneath if possible. You can also try a network reset by navigating to settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). 

If the above do not work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can access the account and check your roaming settings. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://www.icloud.com/iphone_welcome/

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Atesz sorry to hear you are having problems sending SMS text messages abroad. Try restarting your phone and/or navigating to settings>network selection, switching it off then selecting an alternative roaming network once the list of available networks has loaded underneath if possible. You can also try a network reset by navigating to settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). 

If the above do not work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can access the account and check your roaming settings. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://www.icloud.com/iphone_welcome/

by Atesz
Explorer

Hello @Profile closed,

Switching to a different provider solved the issue. Thank you for your help. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Atesz come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.