by bard Investigator
Investigator

Cannot make calls while call barring is on.

Hey Guys,

So I know this isn't exactly a new issue, but I'm pretty much stuck here. I'm currently in Ireland, and for my first 2 days here or so, everything worked fine -- I could make calls, use data, etc. It all turned off randomly, and now not only do I not have access to mobile data, but whenever I try to make a call (even to 150) I get a message telling me that I "cannot make calls while call barring is on".

I checked my phone settings, and call barring isn't on. I don't even know the pin or password that would be needed to turn it off if it was! And because I can't make calls, I can't contact support (I can't find the option to live chat anywhere). I know it's nothing to do with my phone settings because it worked briefly, and stopped without any changes to these settings. It seems from previous topics that the solution is to get someone on Tech support to flip a switch, can this be arranged?

Thanks,

-Bar'd

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Cannot make calls while call barring is on.

Hi @bard, welcome to the community.

Have you tried a manual network search and seeing if you can connect to another network and get it working?

Are you with anyone else who has a working phone and can nab their phone for a quick chat to EE? (it should be free at least)

by bard Investigator
Investigator

Hi @chistery! Thanks for the reply.

I did give that a try, to no avail unfortunately. 

I might be able to use a friends phone later on in the day, is there a specific number that I should use? They'll have an Irish phone so I want to be sure that they won't get charged.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Ah. if they have an Irish phone they will probably be charged for calling a UK number.

Can you skype via wifi? Give EE a call on +44800 956 6000 which is free on Skype.

by bard Investigator
Investigator

I can indeed! I'll give it a try on my lunch break. Thanks 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @bard

Thanks for coming here for help.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by bard Investigator
Investigator

Morning @Leanne_T!

I received a text from EE recently so I believe so.

by
EE Community Support Team

Great @bard

I have sent you a private message to get some details from you.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.