by lilymulv
Explorer

Cannot make calls or send texts while abroad

I can receive texts, including one from EE detailing my access to free texts and calls to UK numbers while I'm away, but I can't seem to make any calls or text anyone. My EE won't let me get in for some reason and I can't ring EE as my phone won't call anyone, anyone have any idea if there's anything I can do from my end to sort out the situation? I'm on an iPhone 7, pay monthly, slowly losing the will to live. Cheers pals

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Cannot make calls or send texts while abroad

Hi @lilymulv

Are you pay monthly customer? 

And is your roaming on your account? 

Are you in Europe? 

Regards 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,.

@lilymulv

Please click on this http://bit.ly/2qCiFHM link and enable your  Roaming from your my ee web account. 

for live chat click here Get in Touch - EE and under -EE you will find live chat option.

live chat will be open at 8:00 am.

i hope it help you to get to go.

Many thanks

by phil76012 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would be thankful if that was me at least you know you ain't getting some high bill Man Happy

by lilymulv
Explorer

It's all gone horribly wrong it seems. I managed to get into My EE but it wouldn't accept my account number when I registered as a bill payer and so I registered as a user and now I can't change my role. It turns out roaming is disabled because I am a fool, but I now can't fix it. I'd better try live chat tomorrow morning I suppose, if I can access that from my iPhone. Sorry to bother you all, community people

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@lilymulv

You can get help with chat in the morning. 

Hopefully you will be able to get to go. 

Live chat will be open 8:00 Am 

Regards 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

There is also a freephone number for EE Customer Services that you can call free using Skype or another VoIP app, from a computer or your phone via WiFi - it's +44 800 956 6000 .

Other than Skype, Tesco International Calling app is another good option - when you install it on your phone it gives you £1 free credit. 0800 numbers are free from this app as well, and of course it can be used over WiFi.

One of the above options should enable you to ring through to EE over any WiFi connection (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and get your roaming activated.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Other good advice is never to click a bit.ly link or other URL shortneners given by other users. Chances are it's not malicious, but you never know. There's also no real need to do it to most URLs.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/manage-device/ is the one to use. Or just click the login button at the top.

Even with full URLs, you should be checking the site it's actually sending you to is the right one as the underlying URL could be different.

by
EE Employee

Hi @lilymulv

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.