by Rudihorvath Contributor
Contributor

Cannot call uk mobiles from ireland

Hi, I’m in Ireland for a few days and my phone seems to be blocked when I try to call uk numbers. I cannot even call 150 as all out going calls are barred. I was able to use the phone ok in Spain 2 months ago so I’m really not sure why I can’t use it in Ireland. I can receive calls ok. As I can’t call EE, is there a way to remove the roaming blocks from my iPhone?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot call uk mobiles from ireland

@Rudihorvath  If it worked 2 month ago I should work now,  have you tried restarting the device? 

Contributor

Hi, yes I have restarted it a few times, have reset carrier setting, have tried most things. Strange thing is that if I dial a landline number like 01234 xxxxxx it shows in the display as 01234 xxxxxx and rings, but if I dial mobiles like 07888 xxxxxx it shows as (078) 88xx xxxx in the display and the call fails, if I dial 0044 xxxxxxxxxx or +44 xxxxxxxxx the call just fails, I have tried it with or without the leading zero on the number. So I just can’t dial uk mobiles with any combination of 0044 or +44 prefix. Even if someone call me and I redial the number shown in the call history it fails.

Contributor

It looks like my roaming has been turned off on my phone over past 2 months for some reason. After texting ROAMING to 150 I can now dial uk numbers again.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rudihorvath

I'm glad it's all working now and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Ireland. 🙂

Give us a shout if you need anything.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.