by CrimsonBlazee
Explorer

Cannot activate Travel Data Pass

Hi. I am trying to activate a Travel Data Pass for my trip tomorrow. However, when I try and use the code, I get the reply: 'Yo ucan text the following codes to 150 for free while in the UK or EU:' and so on. This does not give me an indication that I will have the Travel Data Pass activated. I need help with this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Cannot activate Travel Data Pass

Are you on PAYG? You can't get the Travel Data Pass on PAYG & it comes back with that error msg. Text RO followed by the Country to see what you can get or look at http://explore.ee.co.uk/roaming/ee/france for EU add-ons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Are you on PAYG? You can't get the Travel Data Pass on PAYG & it comes back with that error msg. Text RO followed by the Country to see what you can get or look at http://explore.ee.co.uk/roaming/ee/france for EU add-ons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by CrimsonBlazee
Explorer

Yes, I am on PAYG, thank you!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome! Glad I could be of assistance.

As a matter of interest what misled you into thinking that you could get the Travel Data Pass? I could see if it needs fixing.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ElenaG: This page EE Roaming | Travel Data Pass & its T&Cs do not explicitly exclude PAYG altho' they list other plan exceptions. This is the 2nd PAYG user I've seen fall into this trap.

by CrimsonBlazee
Explorer

To answer your first question, I've been half asleep all day. Ah well. To answer the second, I'm a 4GEE customer so I can't access the Travel Pass, which is annoying because it's great value for money for me.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XRaySpeX

I know you have tagged in @ElenaG on this one, I'm not to sure if she is around this evening, so I just want you to know I have seen it and will try and help.

Thanks

Richard

🙂 

by

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed this on to our help and support team so the page can be reviewed. Smiley Happy

James

by

spot_prize_alert (1).png

Hi @XRaySpeX,

This is a great suggestion!

Thanks for sharing your great idea here in the EE Community.

Because I loved the support you gave today, I’m going to PM you with an evoucher code for the EE Accessories Store to spend as you wish.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be!

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B: That's great :). Thanks very much.

by

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.