by russ15 Contributor
Contributor

Can use my 4gee max plan in the USA?

I have a 4gee max plan that was taken out in Jan 17, I know I can use it in the EU, but can I use it in the USA, like new 4gee max plans taken out after 10th may. I spoke to a customer advisor who said I could, but as soon as I put the phone down to her I had a text saying text RO to country of travel, I replied saying USA, get a text back saying it's £4 a day, anyone know the right answer? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by russ15 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: Can use my 4gee max plan in the USA?

Chris_B cheers for the link👍 after reading through all the other posts regarding roaming in the USA, I rung CS back, i was mis informed on the earlier call to CS😡I have moved to the new 4gee max plan for an extra £2 a month which will definitely allow me to use my minutes/texts/data in the USA. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@russ15.  You can not use your max plan allowance outside of the EU. You need to move to one of the new max plans to include the USA.  

by russ15 Contributor
Contributor

The advisor said I definitely could? I am really confused.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@russ15  if your on a Max plan that you took out before the 10th of may you can not use your allowance in the USA.  

Please read of THIS. You need to change to one of the newer max plan to have this included in your allowance.   At present your only covered in the EU as that was the agreement of your contract when you took it out. 

by russ15 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Chris_B cheers for the link👍 after reading through all the other posts regarding roaming in the USA, I rung CS back, i was mis informed on the earlier call to CS😡I have moved to the new 4gee max plan for an extra £2 a month which will definitely allow me to use my minutes/texts/data in the USA. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@russ15  Gals you got it sorted.  Enjoy your trip. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.