by DG4 Investigator
Investigator

Can't use phone in EU even thoughRoaming activated

1. How can I get this sorted - I'm already in EUrope but now phone doesn't work to contact etc support- no outgoing calls at all! 
9 REPLIES 9
by DG4 Investigator
Investigator

Can't use phone in EU even thoughRoaming activated

1. How can I get this sorted - I'm already in EUrope but now phone doesn't work to contact etc supports - no outgoing calls at all! 
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't use phone in EU even thoughRoaming activated

@DG4: Dpends on what you mean by "Roaming activated"? Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't use phone in EU even thoughRoaming activated

Hi, 

As @XRaySpeX says you will need to activate roaming.

If you cannot call EE and you are a pay monthly customer you can use EE live chat, available via your online account or via EE contract page here (click on the cross next to EE and the live chat function will be visible) 

CS is only available until 8pm so you will need to contact them tomorrow at 8am UK time. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by DG4 Investigator
Investigator

MY PHONE WON'T CALL FROM EU EVEN THOUGH ROAMING IS SCTIVATED AND (NOW) FREE

PHone not working in EU - despite activating Roaming 

by DG4 Investigator
Investigator

MY PHONE WON'T CALL FROM EU EVEN THOUGH ROAMING IS SCTIVATED AND (NOW) FREE

1. PHone not working in EU - despite activating Roaming 
by DG4 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why can I not get service in France?

I have exactly the same issue in Cyprus with my family - their phones work and mine doesn't - all on the same account as well! No way of sorting as you can't ring tech support. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: MY PHONE WON'T CALL FROM EU EVEN THOUGH ROAMING IS SCTIVATED AND (NOW) FREE

@DG4: As I said earlier it depends on what you mean by "Roaming activated". What do you mean by it? You need it activated in your MyEE a/c, not just on your phone.

Why do you keep repeating the same query all over the place, when you've already had the only answers that can be given?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DG4

As my post above says you can use live chat to contact CS but not until 8am tomorrow morning UK time. 

• Also make sure roaming is activated on your phone settings;
  • If you have an iPhone then try resetting your network under settings. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @DG4 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using format of 00447*********, did this work?

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account as I may be able to assist with our live chat service?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.