by SuperSpanner Investigator
Investigator

Can't text UK from Italy

I cannot phone or text from Italy, I am a business customer on contract. I cannot even text 150 either . Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't text UK from Italy

@SuperSpanner: If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you for the reply, I have logged in and it is ticked, but I did not contact ee before I left the UK. I can receive calls and text messages but cannot send or call anyone. Thank you 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SuperSpanner  Have you restarted the device since you got there? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It? There's 2 settings to check.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi Chris , Yes I have re started the phone which is a Galaxy S8 twice now and nothing. Just to add another thing I also registered for the free BT Sport and cannot get that either. Thank you 

Investigator

I have ticked all I could find and then we started the phone and still no text message to send. Thank you 

Investigator

There is also a roaming button which I cannot hi light even clicking it many times. There is an i button also and that don't work either. Thank you 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, that's what's preventing you. You will need to call EE to enable roaming on your a/c. That's what you needed to do before leaving UK.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.