by SiobhaaanAB Investigator
Investigator

Can't send texts or make calls from France

Hi, I'm currently in France and I can't seem to send texts or make any phone calls... I can receive both. 

I have read many 'solutions' online but none have worked for me. I got told to text Roaming to 150 to activate my phone abroad but it won't let me send the text and the next solution was to phone then but I cannot phone! 

Any help would be appreciated!! 

Thanks! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can't send texts or make calls from France

@SiobhaaanAB : If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You don't need to & can't do any of the above.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@SiobhaaanAB : If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You don't need to & can't do any of the above.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by DylanC

Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad

This doesn't exist in my MyEE app.

When I arrived in France I got a text saying that calling and texting would be normal, but I also cannot make any calls.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DylanC : Are you on contract or PAYG? PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything.

Investigator

I got the same text when I arrived but have no worked since. I had to go onto my online account and turn on my calls and texts thing which for some reason was off. Said it could take 24 hours to work so still not able to text or call but will try this again later 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SiobhaaanAB   Now it’s enabled try restarting the device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @DylanC

Thanks for coming here.

If you have a pay monthly account, you will find the settings within your My EE account online not the app.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Investigator

I've now tried everything possible and still nothing to fix this. Still cannot send or receive texts and I changed my online settings so I could but everything I go back on to check it says it's blocked then I unblock it but still not working! Still cannot send texts or make calls! Help me!! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @SiobhaaanAB

Thanks for coming back to the community.

I have sent you a private message on here, if you could reply to my message we will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Speak soon.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.