by SAM910 Investigator
Investigator

Can't send texts in Italy - error 10

"Can't send message with EE - Error 10"is the notification that comes up. I've tried turning the phone off and on again, and it's a personal account, any help is much appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can't send texts in Italy - error 10

Hello @SAM910 ,

Welcome to the community,

Are you able to make any calls, is it just text messages?

I would suggest you take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Help-when-abroad-with-your-EE-phone-or-device/td-p/...

by SAM910 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Schockwave 

Thanks for your reply! 

I can't make calls either, my roaming is turned on in settings, international calls from the UK isn't but I'm in the EU anyway. I've tried everything on the link it says to try

by
EE Community Team

Hi @SAM910,

The error message you are getting usually means Roaming hasn't been activated on your account before you left the UK. Have you used your phone abroad in the EU before with no issues?

If you have completed this step on the link that @Schockwave sent and you’re still having problems and you have a pay monthly account, your international bar may still be active.

You can check this by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

Are you able to use your data services?

Alex 🙂

by SAM910 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Alex_S

Thankyou for the reply ! I've used it before in Malta and Belgium, only Italy I've had an issue. I've got mobile data working, just texts and calls that don't. When i checked the roaming, calls appears to be not selected /ticked, not sure why! I've used it fine before in the EU.

At least l have data so it's not the end of the world! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SAM910

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you been able to activate call abroad and premium rate calls in your My EE online?

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.