by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author CathC
a week ago

Re: Can't send text messages from iPhone while on holiday

@CathC: Only! That's roaming!

Are you on contract or PAYG?

If contract,  did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES
by
Grand Master

Where are you? Abroad?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

Only France!

thanks

by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author CathC
a week ago

@CathC: Only! That's roaming!

Are you on contract or PAYG?

If contract,  did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

by
Investigator

Thanks

only been with EE few months 

never had to do this with other providers

Cheers

by
Grand Master

Yes, it's a bone of contention with EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CathC

Thanks for coming to community all the way from France Smiley Happy

Have you now managed to activate roaming?

If not, please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

Some of the hints, tips and tricks may help to get things working for you.

If not, please log in to your MYEE and await a live chat with an advisor.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.