by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

Can’t send text from italy

Hi, I’m using an iPhone 7 and for some reason I can receive texts, make and receive calls but can’t send a text message?

Any suggestions please?

12 REPLIES 12
by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Can’t send text from italy

Hi, I’ve already done that without any luck unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hadders7  When you say make calls is this back to the UK ?   Can you call the number your trying to text ? And have you enabled dial assist in settings>phone ? 

by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, when I say I can make calls, I haven’t tried but have definitely received calls since I’ve been here.
So I can receive texts, but can’t send any? Just comes up with the exclamation mark and hasn’t sent.
Dial assist is on.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hadders7 Receiving calls is not the same as making calls.  You can use your device to receive that doesn’t mean you can make a international call. 

Did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?  By texting ROAMING to 150 ?, as this would of enable international and premium rate numbers. 

by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

I understand that, I just mention it for clarity. My issue is I can receive but not text on my EE iPhone 7 whilst in Italy.
Does anyone know the solution please?

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hadders7  Login to your online account and enable this yourself.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Hadders7

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

I've noticed that you explained you can receive calls and text messages, but you are unable to make calls or send text messages, but I can't seem to locate these posts anymore.

You need to enable international calling on your account, you can do this by signing into your MyEE Account > Manage Device and toggle "International and Premium Calls" to on. Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Hadders7

I have answered your question in your other post hereSmiley Happy

by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just been on chat with EE and they are pretty unhelpful to be honest. Apparently as I enabled the roaming service the day after I got here (so when in Italy) it won’t activate until I’m back in the U.K.??? Really?

Thats one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard!

Ive removed the sim and replaced it, my account shows data roaming and international calls etc??

i just want to send a text message!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hadders7

Could you please check your My EE account and confirm the international calling status: Menu > Manage device.

Please also try a manual network search and selecting a different available network:

Tap Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

Chris

by Hadders7 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, yes done that also. It’s set for international calls. That’s what I did when I got to Italy and am now being to told that changes may not take effect until I’m back in the UK?? What year are we in??
I’ve also tried manually selecting another network, no difference.
My wife is also on EE and not having any issues?

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming that, @Hadders7.

Usually when activating roaming or international calling when abroad, it goes through within 24 hours.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions