by clare_h_ee Investigator
Investigator

Can't send a text from Mongolia

I am in Mongolia on holiday, and although I can receive texts, I cannot send them. I have enough credit, and am connected to a network.

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't send a text from Mongolia

Can you make & receive calls?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Receive, yes - haven't made any (and would prefer not to test it as the costs are so high!)

by
EE Employee

Hi @clare_h_ee

What phone are you using?

Is the number you're sending the text to in +44 formatting?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

It's an LG K4. The number is in +44 format, and I have tried rebooting.

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @clare_h_ee

It sounds like your International bar may still be active.

If you go to Phone > Menu > Call Settings > Call Barring > is there an option for outgoing whilst abroad?

Are you a pay as you go customer?

Investigator

Hi Karen, yes, I'm PAYG.

Aha! Yes, there is a call barring section. Under "all outgoing" it is on, and the outgoing international section is greyed out. I just pressed on the "all outgoing" option, and it prompted me for a password, but I don't think I have one.

by
EE Employee

Thought that's what it might be!

The default code should be 0000.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes @clare_h_ee

Investigator

Thanks, Karen! Unfortunately that's not working for me, when I enter 0000 I get the message "unexpected response from network".

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try 1111.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Thanks for trying @clare_h_ee

If the code @XRaySpeX has given doesn't work either you would need to speak to Customer Services.

They would be able to check for any bars on your account.

Really sorry I couldn't help further on the community! 

Investigator

Thanks both for helping, unfortunately neither code works.

Any tips on how to get in touch with customer service - the webpage only lists numbers to call, and as we've established on this thread, I can't use my phone! Is there a webchat function?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Open up the "+EE" on Get in touch .

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.