by letitiasophiam

Can't receive or make calls in Mexico

Despite calling EE before I left on Monday, despite two online chats and numerous texts to EE I am unable to make, receive or even access my messages on day 4 of my holiday here in Mexico.

I have done everything I can.  Roaming is on.  Everything is on.  I have paid extra for bundles.  I have a good signal with Telcel.  I can get online with wifi despite being unable for the life of me to add any extra data...so it looks like I will start being billed extra for that.

I have been told by 'Hazel' that my phone has been reset and there was a problem and STILL nothing.

I am absolutely furious about this because apart from anything else it is dangerous for me as a girl on their own to not have a telephone that works.   I shall be calling EE from the expensive hotel telephone to continue my grievance.

So unless I get a proper response in the next few days I will be immediately cancelling my contract (if this is a problem I will have to grin and bear it till August) complain to the ombudsman and join the multitude of unhappy customers I have found online about using EE abroad.  

It is totally UNACCEPTABLE particularly when I was told before I left by an EE representative that there would be no problem whatsoever with my signal and use of phone here in Mexico.

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can't receive or make calls in Mexico

Hi @letitiasophiam,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried selecting a different network manually?

If this doesn't help, please try turning off 4G in your settings and let us know if that solves the issue.

If your not sure how to do either of the above, let me know what phone you are using and I'll talk you through it.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.