Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make phone calls or text abroad

niall153
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

can someone help me out please. 

I am in norway from the U.K. and I can’t make phone calls or texts from my phone. I have full signal me 4g and can receive calls and text. When I try and call out it says “The subscription is barred from traffic to this number”

I have looked online and tried some things, So I logged into my EE, in my manage my EE, I changed my call abroad and premium rates from “Blocked” to “allowed” and says could take up to 24hrs, this was about 36 hours ago, went back on now and it says Blocked again. I changed it again and 10 mins later said blocked again.

I can’t phone EE or text so I’m hoping someone will know. 

Thanks,

Niall

25 REPLIES 25

HI am in Spain and I need to urgently phone someone innthe uk I have topped up but I can’t make any phone calls or texts and I can’t even text 150 for help. Please can someone let me know how to you my phone abroad 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Disu123,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you a new EE customer?

If not, when was your pay as you go account last used?

Thanks

James

CoreyjNorton
Explorer

I am having the same problem, I am in Spain but cant make calls or texts but can receive them, how did you fix this if you can’t call EE?

Leanne_T

Hi there @CoreyjNorton

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you with us on a pay as you go or pay monthly account?

If you have a pay monthly account can you check you have international calling set up.

You can check this by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

I’m pay monthly only have access to my phone though, and can’t seem to find this menu on the app or the website?

Leanne_T

Hi there @CoreyjNorton

Thanks for the quick reply.

If you log into your My EE account tapping this link, and then select Menu then Manage Device and then call abroad and premium rate calls, this will show as blocked if this is not set up.

Do you see this option?

Leanne.

I have the same problem. In Norway right now, and texts to Norwegian numbers don't send. EE app shows that I have unlimited EU texts activated, but not sure if this includes Norway? Any help appreciated. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Marning.

Welcome to the community.

Could you check that roaming and international calls are both enabled in your My EE Account?

Do you get an error message when trying to send texts?

Jon

Hi @Jon_K , thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, they're both enabled.

I don't get an error message, just a spinning wheel that never stops. For what it's worth, texts from Norwegian numbers arrive. It's just replying that's an issue.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Marning.

Are you able to call these numbers?

What phone are you using?

Jon