by J1mcm Investigator
Investigator

Can't make calls from abroad

I've just arrived in Tenerife. My EE plan allows for free calls and texts, and I've received a text confirming this. However I can't make any calls! When I try I get a message from Orange information that "calls to this number are restricted. To gain access or for more information call free phone 470" I can't even call this number as I get the same message!!

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't make calls from abroad

@J1mcm: Can you send texts or use data?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by J1mcm Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, yes I've just tried sending a text which was received okay. I'm not using data as I'm not paying for extra data

by Grand Master
Grand Master

International calls are being barred. Either tick International Calling in your MyEE if it will allow you or else you'll need to call EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by J1mcm Investigator
Investigator

But I can't call EE because of this issue!!! So does this mean I am basically 'stuffed'?! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use another phone or try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @J1mcm

Thanks for coming here.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Ejbej Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I also can't make calls abroad. I can't send texts either but my data is working I have tried a manual network search but i'm only getting the same network. 

I am in switzerland. 

Some helo would be appreciated 

by

Hello @Ejbej

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

Do you have a pay monthly account?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by Ejbej Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I am recieving calls and texts but i can't make any. 

I am on a monthly contract.  

by

Thanks @Ejbej

We will see what we can do to help you get up and running.

To do this, I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Speak soon. Leanne 🙂

by Ejbej Investigator
Investigator

Ok great thanks.

by

Hi @Ejbej

If you can reply to my private message with your details when you get a moment 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.