by nuttym Investigator
Investigator

Can't get the promised 500 mb

Hi Im in Australia and after getting Travel option text saying I can have 500 mb for £6 a day now my only options are £4.80 for 40 mb or £8 for 100. Very frustrating. Can you help?

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Can't get the promised 500 mb

Hi @nuttym I assume you mean the travel data pass? What happens if you text TRAVEL to 150?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nuttym

Welcome to the community.

I hope you're having a brilliant time in Australia so far. 🙂

What options are you given on the add-on status help page?

Did you get a chance to follow @chistery's advice too?

Chris

by nuttym Investigator
Investigator

Hi again. Thanks for getting back to me. It seems the addon is only possible in certain spots at that price! Bought it on Tuesday on Bondi then couldn't get it anywhere in the city yesterday and then available again on Bondi today. Provider has been Optus AU every time. Odd?!

by nuttym Investigator
Investigator

1. Hi again. Thanks for getting back to me. It seems the addon is only possible in certain spots at that price! Bought it on Tuesday on Bondi then couldn't get it anywhere in the city yesterday and then available again on Bondi today. Provider has been Optus AU every time. Odd?!
by nuttym Investigator
Investigator

It says I already have it. But doesn't actually give it to me

by
EE Community Support Team

Yes, that it really odd, @nuttym.

If it is available in one part of Australia, it should be available in all areas at the same cost (signal providing).

Could you try another Australian operator?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.