by Lyngarth Investigator
Investigator

Can't call out when in cyprus

Hi,

I'm in Cyprus and would like to use my phone, was told when I got it a short while ago all was set up, I can send messages and receive calls but can't make any calls.

I get a message saying " Your service does not allow calls to the dialled number " can't call local or back home !

I have ( was told data- roaming) was setup and iPhone has picked up MTN network. Can't even call 150 for help.

Any help or advise would be great,

many thanks

Lyngarth

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Can't call out when in cyprus

Hi @Lyngarth

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Lyngarth

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

I hope you're having a good time in Cyprus, it's by far one of my favourite places and I'm hoping to go back in February! Smiley Happy

When I was last in Cyprus I had a similar issue to yourself. If you manually roam onto Cyta-Voda, you should hopefully make calls successfully. While you're connect to MTN, you may experience issues with missed calls diverting to voicemail, I experienced these issues while connected to MTN but was easily resolved by manually connecting to Cyta-Voda! Smiley Happy

by Lyngarth Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply, yes having a blast over here, a little warm at 33c but I will live.

have just read through you reply and the one above from @Lee_H and tried a few suggestions from you both.

So I have now done a manual search and changed over to Cyta-Voda and that has seem to worked, can now make calls, I did notice on line EE recommended MTN, so by changing over I take it I won't get charged extra ?

A big thank you to you both for the speedy reply, great to know people are here and ready to help.

Many thanks 

Lyngarth

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lyngarth

Glad you are back up and running.

You will certainly not get charged extra, as roaming in the EU is part of your plan allowance.

We do have a recommended partner network, but choosing another does not affect this.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.