by Frankie825
Explorer

Can’t call or text

I’m currently in Poland and cannot make any calls or texts,to UK or EU numbers, including to 150. Pretty sure my phone is already set up for roaming as I’ve used it overseas before and my data works just fine. Anyone know how I can fix this online since I can’t call anyone? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can’t call or text

@Frankie825 Login to your account and make sure roaming and international and premium rate calls are enabled.  You can even use the MyEE app, look in user controls.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Frankie825

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you got this working with the help from @Chris_B?

If not, are you able to receive calls and texts?

Also, are you able to manually select a network on your phone?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF 

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK 

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Hope to hear back from you soon, Leanne 🙂

by Frankie825
Explorer

Hi guys, thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I can’t find the option to unlock roaming or premium calls in the app or the website like @Chris_B recommended.

I can definitely receive texts from UK numbers, but can’t reply, not sure about calls.

Just tried to turn off automatic in the carrier settings, it just says searching for ages and then switches back to automatic!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Frankie825

Thanks for coming back to us.

In this case, I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.