by Jonnyy92 Investigator
Investigator

Can't call from abroad

Hi,

I'm currently in France and can't make any calls to any numbers, including 150. When I try to make the call it immediately hangs up with a triple beep. I can send and receive texts and can use my data without any problems. I have checked my device settings on my EE and international calls are allowed. Please could someone help? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Can't call from abroad

Hi @Jonnyy92

Can you perform a manual network search and chose another network then attempt to make a call please? 

When calling, are you dialling +44 or +33?

Thanks, 

Martyn

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonnyy92

Thanks for coming to community all the way from France 🙂

I think that you may need to activate roaming.  That is potentially the problem.

Please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

Some of the hints, tips and tricks may help to get things working for you.

If not, please log in to your MYEE and await a live chat with an advisor.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Jonnyy92 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Martyn,

i have tried the the other networks available when I do a manual search search and still can't make a call. The tone is slightly different however, like the line has been cut off? I have an iPhone with dial assist turned on - will I still need to type on the +44?

Thanks for your help, apologies for my slow reply!

Many thanks,

Jonny

by Jonnyy92 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

romaong is definitly activated on my account as I have checked my online EE account and can send and receive texts without any problems. I've checked the help page before posting in the community and also checked the other community posts but can't find anything that helps. How do I start up a live chat?

Many thanks,

Jonny

by
EE Employee

Hi @Jonnyy92

As the suggestions I would have given have not worked, please pop to the live chat link.

If you log into your My EE account you will have an option to chat when an agent is available, or you can contact us using our contact numbers on the get in touch page using and alternative phone.

Our customer service team will be able to assist with your issue.

The link will be active till 8pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.