by Paddymru Investigator
Investigator

Can’t call from abroad with pay as you go

Hi there 

could any one help, I’m abroad with my pay as you go and can’t make or received calls 

cheers 

paddy

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can’t call from abroad with pay as you go

@Paddymru : Where are you? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Paddymru

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Was your SIM activated in the UK? a pay as you go SIM will activate when a chargeable call or text is made. 

Have you tried a manual network selection? you can do this by following these steps:

iPhone – Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic

Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Paddymru Investigator
Investigator

Hi there 

I’m in Mauritius 

Highlighted
by Paddymru Investigator
Investigator

Good morning @Katie_B 

Ive tried your proposed solutions but in vain. I transferred my contract to pay as you go in August and I was away when it was activated and now I’m in Mauritius with enough money on the acc. but when tried to call it still say that calls are barred 

thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You needed to be in UK when your PAYG SIM was activated & have used it there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions