by no-service
Visitor

Can't call from abroad even though I've bought add-on

Hi there,

I'm in Spain and want to check my mailbox. In order to call it I added roaming add-on that also show in my account. But for some reason I still cannot make call nor send SMS messages. Trying to add roaming via SMS also doesn't work. Calling EE also doesn't work as my phone doesn't allow for this. Using another phone and entering my number to identify doesn't work. The voice system tells me that I'm not entering the number correctly - which is bullocks.

Anyone any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can't call from abroad even though I've bought add-on

Hello @no-service sorry to hear you are having trouble using your phone abroad. Try restarting your phone then trying to make a call again. You can also try a manual network search in the phones settings menu then trying another local network if possible.

If calling +447953 222222 is not accepting your number you can also try +447973 100123 (may be chargeable). You will need to have set up a voicemail PIN before travelling to access them remotely from another phone.

If none of the above work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone who can access the account and look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @no-service sorry to hear you are having trouble using your phone abroad. Try restarting your phone then trying to make a call again. You can also try a manual network search in the phones settings menu then trying another local network if possible.

If calling +447953 222222 is not accepting your number you can also try +447973 100123 (may be chargeable). You will need to have set up a voicemail PIN before travelling to access them remotely from another phone.

If none of the above work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone who can access the account and look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @no-service

So I can try to help.

Please can you confirm if performing a manual network search or placing 0044 in front of the number your dialling helps?

If this has not helped, please let me know if you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.