by rsnipe95 Investigator
Investigator

Can't call UK from Sweden

Hi I posted this in another section but I think this might be the best place for it.

I arrived in Sweden yesterday and not been able to call the UK since I got here. I can text people and people can call me but I can't phone the very same people. I have tried turning my phone on and off again and tried switching networks but nothing has worked. Every time I try to ring out I get a message saying something along the lines of service not available on this subscription from the Swedish network.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
by rsnipe95 Investigator
Investigator

Can text but can't call from Sweden.

Hello,

I have only been with EE for just over a week. Yesterday I arrived in Sweden for a holiday I have not been able to call anyone since I arrived. Strangely though I can text people and people can call me no problem. I have tried turning the phone off and on again and have tried changing Swedish networks but none of this has worked. When I try to ring out I get a message saying something on the lines of service not available on this subscription.

Please help as it is worrying me that I cannot call home in an emergency.

thanks

Ross

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can't call UK from Sweden

Morning @rsnipe95

Thanks for coming here for help.

What device are you using?

Also are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post for help>

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by rsnipe95 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for replying I'm on a pay monthly contract and my phone is the galaxy a3 2017 model.

by

Hi @rsnipe95

Thanks for getting back to @Leanne_T

Can you please try and text ROAM to 150 for me and let us know what happens.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by rsnipe95 Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I text roam to 150 and received the following message:

we're sorry but the calls to the uk from the eu add on could not be added. No money has been taken. Please try again later.

by

Hi @rsnipe95

If you’re still having problems your international bar may still be active; if you have a personal pay monthly account log into your My EE to use live chat and remove the international bar or give our customer service team a call.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.