by WillDav99 Investigator
Investigator

Can't access data neworks in EU on Pay As You Go

Hello, I am unable to access data networks while roaming in the EU on a Pay As You Go SIM with the Promotional Everything Pack. Calls and texts are working fine.

I have ensured Data Roaming is switched on on my Sony Experia Z3, I have switched off the 4g, and I have searched different local networks, but I can't access any data networks to get online.

This is currently a problem in Slovenia, but was also a problem in France earlier this year.

Can you help?

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Can't access data neworks in EU on Pay As You Go

Thanks Christopher. This has been solved. The problem was my handset is locked to the 'euinternet' APN. The solution was to enter the EE APN settings in the euinternet APN (but leave the APN name as 'euinternet'). Cheers, Will

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you have any data allowance left in your current pack? Do you in fact have a pack? You can't use data w/out a pack.

What does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you. As I wrote, I have the Promotional VIP Everything Pack. There is 16GB of data left for a pack that ends in 22 days.

Investigator

Is anyone able to help with this query?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WillDav99

Welcome to the community.

Do you have a strong connection/signal bars?

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Chris

Investigator
Solution

Thanks Christopher. This has been solved. The problem was my handset is locked to the 'euinternet' APN. The solution was to enter the EE APN settings in the euinternet APN (but leave the APN name as 'euinternet'). Cheers, Will

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @WillDav99

Glad you got it sorted.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.