by michelleperalta Investigator
Investigator

Can't access data in Switzerland

Hi there,

I arrived in Switzerland yesterday and have not been successful in accessing my data. Data roaming has been turned on.

For some reason in my phone settings I'm being told I've exceeded my data by about 3GB but when I look at my EE app it tells me I've still got 7.5GB left. The latter makes more sense as I haven't been excessive with my data usage back in the UK.

I tried sending a ROAMING text to 150 but it won't send, so at this point I've got no idea what else I can do.

• I've got a Huawei P20 which I've had since December if that helps.

Thank you,

Michelle

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can't access data in Switzerland

@michelleperalta   did you enable roaming on your account?? If not you can log into your EE online account and enable roaming from there you also need to enable call abroad and premium rate numbers then restart the device

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@michelleperalta   did you enable roaming on your account?? If not you can log into your EE online account and enable roaming from there you also need to enable call abroad and premium rate numbers then restart the device

Investigator

Hi @Chris_B

Data roaming is enabled. I've just tried enabling the premium calls but I get a message saying the app isn't working and to try again later. 😞

Investigator

Update: it's working. Thanks for your help, @Chris_B! 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @michelleperalta

Thanks for coming back and letting us know 🙂

Have a great time.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.