by johnnyj Investigator
Investigator

Can't access 450 from Greece

Hi, I just arrived in Greece and my PAYG/ex-orange SIM won't work. I come here a lot and it usually just finds a new network and simply works. If I call 450 or 150, it just hangs up. I can't make outgoing calls or send SMS. Basically I can't even call EE to discuss as the phone just won't work. 

I have set the network mode to LTE/3G/2G and the network to auto connect to a network. Samsung Galaxy J6.

Really struggling. Can anyone help?

Thanks

John

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't access 450 from Greece

@johnnyj   Have you tried restarting the device? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @johnnyj,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you able to receive calls or texts?

Is your SIM card in regular use or have you not used it for a while?

Thanks

James

by johnnyj Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris and thanks for the reply. Yup, I tried that and it is still the same. If I try to top up, for example, from the EE menu on my phone, I get a message back saying "Sorry - the pay as you go service you currently requested is unavailable....call 450 and use our automated services".

When I call 450, I get a dialogue box which pops up saying "Select Home Country (+44450), Roaming Country (450). If I dial the first, it plays a little beep and cuts me off. If I dial the second, I get half an automated message saying "...available to orange or EE customers using their handsets". Then I get cut off. 

Not sure what to do - I urgently need the phone, as I need to be in contact with my elderly parents back in the UK (and be on standby in case something happens). 

Thanks

John

by johnnyj Investigator
Investigator

Hi James and thanks for the reply.

I received a text today, and when I sent "Roaming" to 150 I got a message back. So I think texts are ok. I just got a friend to call me from their Greek landline and the call came through. 

I'm not a huge user, but prior to coming to Greece yesterday I had had a few calls, so the SIM was in use. 

Hope you can help!

Thanks

John

by
EE Community Team

Hi @johnnyj,

If you are able to receive calls now this is a good sign 🙂

Have you had the chance to try and make a call or send a text to anyone?

Fingers crossed they are now all active and you can go enjoy your evening!

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.