by tomkite57 Investigator
Investigator

Can someone from EE give me some assistance?

I have a contract with EE which I started in the UK. I recently travelled to Spain, and have not been able to connect to any mobile network since. I have tried turning airplane mode on and off, I have restarted my phone, and my software is up to date. Can someone from EE help me at all?

This problem has been made infinitely worse by the fact that EE insist on only allowing me to contact them through phone call (What about when I have no signal?!). Since when did they stop providing live chats? Why is there no contact email address at all? As far as I understand they don't even provide a service to make phone calls through a wifi connection. I am extremely dissatisfied with this service.

10 REPLIES 10
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Can someone from EE give me some assistance?

Hi @tomkite57

Welcome to the Community,

Unfortunately there is no account access here on the community you will need to contact 150.

Investigator

@David wrote:

Hi @tomkite57

Welcome to the Community,

Unfortunately there is no account access here on the community you will need to contact 150.

How am I supposed to ring 150 when I am on emergency calls only?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @tomkite57

Welcome to the community.

Hope you're having a lovely time 🙂

Could you log into your My EE account online

Then go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate > They will need to show as ticked for you to use your phone abroad.

If you can activate both settings this will update within 24 hours.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Thank you very much for your help. I found the page you mentioned, and the roaming is blocked. I can't find a way to tick the box though. Do you have any more advice?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@tomkite57 call 00442073620200 from a landline.

Investigator

Thank you @David for your attempts at problem solving, but I am currently travelling and don't have easy access to landlines or wifi. If calling was an easy option then I would have done that already.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@tomkite57 have you tried online chat ?

Investigator

@David  I eventually managed to get onto an online chat, but they couldn't access my account and just gave me more numbers to call.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tomkite57

Thanks for trying.

When logged into your My EE account an option will show for chat when an agent is available.

They will be able to help you get this looked into.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tomkite57: You can only contact EE by calling them. If you have no access to another phone try calling over Skype using the Freephone no. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.