by Stewart3
Visitor

Can i use my phone in new york

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can i use my phone in new york

Hello @Stewart3,

Welcome to the community,

As per forum rules, no personal details must be entered here as this is a public forum.

You will be able to use your phone in New York, you need to make sure that you have roaming enabled, you can check this either by ringing customer service, or by texting 150 and roaming.

How much it will cost depends what sort of plan you have if you are on a monthly contract and have a max plan, then you will have inclusive minutes.

You can click on help and then roaming charges.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can i use my phone in new york

Hi @Stewart3

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community all the way from the big apple.

Apart from the phone problem you are having, I hope you are having a nice vacation in New York and the city is not stopping you from sleeping, those Broadway lights really are something.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you may not have been aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

I can't get the Sinatra classic out of my head 🙂

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.