by cristiano_70 Investigator
Investigator

Can I use my mobile data in India or what are the charges,

I will be going to India for 2 weeks just thought wud be good idea to know if I can use my mobile data for what's app calling 

7 REPLIES 7
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Can I use my mobile data in India or what are the charges,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cristiano_70    Sorry you will not be able to use your data/call/text allowance whilst in India, if you text all RO India to 150 you will get a reply with what options you do have.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't use your existing UK data allowance outside the EU. You will need to buy a roaming data add-on. See http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/india for prices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by cristiano_70 Investigator
Investigator

Can I use Indian sim into my Huawei 10 plus or is this a locked phone

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you got it from EE it's locked to EE, but you may be able to unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cristiano_70    Your device will be locked to EE and depending on how long you’ve had it you could request to have it unlocked you have to have advice for six months or more and it will cost you £8.99 requested to be unlocked it will take up to 10 days fir the process. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cristiano_70.

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for the sterling help, @martyn413, @Chris_B and @XRaySpeX. I think everything has been covered here already. 🙂

The only thing I could add is to check out our device unlocking support article for more information on the unlocking processes and costs.

Have a wonderful trip to India.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.