by Jennap0707
Explorer

Can I use my data in Cyprus and do I need to change settings?

I've heard that you can now use you data anywhere but do I need to contact EE or change any settings before I go to stop me from getting charges?

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can I use my data in Cyprus and do I need to change settings?

Hello @Jennap0707,

Welcome to the community,

Yes it is included, you can use your inclusive data there, you can always check by clicking help and then roaming charges and putting in the country to see what or if there are any charges.

Just make sure that international bar is lifted and roaming is enabled on your account, which you can do by ringing up EE or going into your account and checking there. If you have put a bar on premium numbers, then you will need to get that lifted, otherwise international calls are barred too.

Have a good holiday.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Just txt ROAMING to 150 and you will receive a message letting you know if your account is activated or not. If not then you need to contact EE CS on 150. 

Also a word of warning, North Cyprus isn't included in the EU roaming countries so just be careful if you are near the border as you might connect to a Turkish mast. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Jennap0707
Explorer

Great thanks, I text the number and it looks like I'm all set! I am going to Paphos, not sure if this is near North Cyprus but I will have a look. Thanks again

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You are welcome, glad to be of help, enjoy your holiday @Jennap0707.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.