by LJ6464
Explorer

Can I make calls in Japan?

Hi there,

Can I use my iPhone 6s to make calls while in Japan / will my phone and EE sim be compatible with Japan's network?

To clarify, I don't want to use data but just make calls within and out of the country.

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can I make calls in Japan?

Yes, an iPhone 6S will work in Japan, as will any other 3G handset. Japan has no 2G mobile networks so as long as 3G is enabled, calls should work.

Do make sure you ring EE before you leave though to check that roaming is enabled on your account.  It's also advisable to turn off your voicemail too to avoid voicemail double call charges as you are travelling outside the EU.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Yes as long as you have roaming activated (txt ROAMING to 150). 

You may also need an addon if you want to make free calls. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Yes, an iPhone 6S will work in Japan, as will any other 3G handset. Japan has no 2G mobile networks so as long as 3G is enabled, calls should work.

Do make sure you ring EE before you leave though to check that roaming is enabled on your account.  It's also advisable to turn off your voicemail too to avoid voicemail double call charges as you are travelling outside the EU.

by LJ6464
Explorer

Thank you both for your very fast answers!
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.